Don Zhang, Ph.D., associate professor of psychology at Louisiana State University, is the director of the Risk and Decision Making Lab. Don received his PhD in Industrial and Organizational Psychology from Bowling Green State University. His research interests are in risk taking at work, decision making, and employee selection. His work has been published in peer-reviewed journals in the areas of psychology, decision making, management, and organizational behavior. He serves on the editorial board for Journal of Behavioral Decision Making, International Journal of Selection and Assessment, and Journal of Business and Psychology. He has received over $2.9 million in federal funding from the National Science Foundation and is the recipient of the NSF CAREER Award. During his free time, Don enjoys tennis, traveling, cooking, gaming, his dog, and photography.
Katelyn Reeves is a first year in the I/O Psychology Ph.D. Program. She graduated with her undergraduate degree from California State University - Fresno. Her research interests include employee interviews, selection tests, work-life balance, and mental health at work. She loves walking in nature, gaming, watching shows, and spending time with her family and friends.
Tyler Cowley is a third year Industrial/Organizational Psychology student working. He received his undergraduate degree in Psychology from Brigham Young University. His research interests include Loss aversion/risk-taking at work, mental health in work/burnout, and employment interviews. He enjoys playing golf in his spare time, hiking, exploring the city, and watching sporting events.
Hannah Perkins Stark is a third year student in the I/O Psychology PhD program. She graduated from LSU in May 2020 with a B.S. in Psychology. Her research interests include burnout, marital satisfaction and work-family conflict. Outside of school, She likes to do yoga, meal prep, and host game nights.
Gino Howard received his Master's Degree at California State University, San Bernardino. He is interested in studying diverse and marginalized populations in the workforce. He was born/raised in Southern California and loves to play music, be outdoors, and spend time with family.
Undergraduate Research Assistants
- Sarah Graff, B.A. (2017 – 2018) – Masters student in I/O Psychology at Middle Tennessee State University
- Paige Resnick, B.A. (2017 – 2018) – Masters student in I/O Psychology at University of Texas Arlington
- Sidney Thomas, B.A. (2017 – 2019) – PhD student in I/O Psychology at Louisiana Tech University
- Gabi Danna, B.A. (2017 – 2019) – PhD student in I/O Psychology at University at Albany, SUNY
- Elizabeth Joseph, B.A. (2018 – 2019) – PhD student in Experimental Psychology at Texas Christian University
- John-Luke McCord, Ph.D. (2016 – 2022) – Associate Consultant at Xecutive Metrix
- Gloria Foret, B.A. (2019)
- Natalie Steuer, B.A. (2017 – 2019)
- Kevin Sullivan, B.A. (2019) – PhD student in I/O Psychology at Louisiana Tech University
- Olivia Kjellsten, B.A. (2019-2020) – Masters student in I/O Psychology at Vrije University, now Deloitte
- Gaurangi Das, B.A. (2018-2021) – PhD student in I/O Psychology at Bowling Green State University
- Brynne Babin (2020-2021) – Masters student in Social Work at Louisiana State University